Traveling with children is always a stress for parents, and the summer travel season can sometimes only exacerbate the stresses. Lines are long, crowds are prominent, and children can always be difficult to travel with. We’ve compiled a list of a few ideas to make sure your vacation with children is as stress-free as possible for everyone. Your vacation can still be an amazing time with children of all ages with some of these travel hacks…
1. Rent a home away from home! Vacation rentals can provide a myriad of helpful resources for the family with small children. Renting a home during your summer vacation makes it easy to give your kids space to run and play and sleep while you enjoy your vacation as well. The ability to rent cribs and pack-and-plays is even available at some vacation rentals.
2. Dine in! Vacation rentals allow you to make food for your children instead of going to a restaurant and hoping they have something for your picky eater. Prepare the exact food you want and sit down to a family dinner on your vacation. This also minimizes the stress of dealing with crowds at particularly busy restaurants.
3. Be safe! Make sure your vacation rental has security features in place in the case of small children being able to exit the home. Especially when a pool is located on the property, you want to make sure all doors have locks to prevent escape.
4. Keep children entertained! Whether you’re flying or driving, children need something to keep them entertained, and a vacation home can allow everyone their own space to enjoy their entertainment of choice. You always hope you won’t have to deal with a rainy day at the beach, but when you do there will be less fights about that one remote! And don’t forget to pack some old school board games to keep the whole family entertained.
5. Have fun! The point of a summer vacation is obviously to have fun, spend time with family, and make memories that last a lifetime. The ease of using a vacation home ensures that all of these things are easy to accomplish.
6. Finally, plan it all now! Use the internet to plan your vacation ahead of time. Buy tickets for activities simply on MyGuestbook, where you can easily find things to do that match your family’s lifestyle. Creating an itinerary on MyGuestbook also allows you to plan the whole trip ahead of time, saving a lot of headaches when it comes time to travel. Have tickets purchased and ready for you when you’re ready to embark on a fun summer vacation!